Thursday, January 25, 2007

My New Bio...

Last night when I was introduced as part of the panel, Anna Costa of Michael Costa Photograpers (the folks who photographed my wedding!) read some little blurps about me for my bio. I was pretty excited, because I felt the style in which I was introduced was much more fitting to my personality than my existing bio on my website.

So... I've taken the basic ideas that she read, and I'm posting them here, because I want to see what you guys think about using something like this as my bio on my website:
-
*5'10"
*Blonde hair
*Blue Eyes
*White (half black, 3/4 asian, 1/5 hispanic, and some other stuff mixed in)
*I have spent time working as a bike mechanic, golf course grounds keeper, news writer, news photographer, editor, photo lab tech, digital lab manager, and wedding photographer!
*I am one class away from having a degree from Brooks Institute of Photography (no, I'm not currently a student at Brooks, I finished my studies there in June of 2005)
*If someone was keeping track, they would note that I am in my eighth year of college.
*I shot my first wedding in 2001 for my friends Tyler and Michelle.
*I'm am soooo happily married to my GORGEOUS wife Cheryl! (we actually shoot all of my weddings together!) (And yes, she is a professional photographer as well with her own business)
*I LOVE mayonaisse!
*I am originally from a small town in the mountains called Tehachapi.
-

Let me know what you think. If you love it, let me know some other details that might be fun to throw in there. If you hate it, flame away and let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I think you should use this bio! It's way more fun than the regular 'I'm in love with my job' stuff. :)

    I just figured out how to change the header on my blog and everything else is from the same template you have. :) I just changed the link and post colors so they matched my logo. Oh, and I use verdana. I don't know why but I like the plain letters. Have fun with your bio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its fun format...so I say keep the format but maybe add an accomplishment or two for the extra inpact. A photographer is unique because your pictures are your real bio.

    ReplyDelete