Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Internet and SEO for Tim Halberg

I'm such a computer geek that sometimes I realize that maybe I should be embarrassed... And I think this is one of those times.

SEO (Search Engine Optimization) has become a little side hobby that I'm trying to educate myself on (ok... I enjoy a TON of side hobbies... but this just happens to be one I spend too much time on for how little I know.)

Part of staying up on this for myself, I am constantly hitting Google and searching for Tim Halberg or Tim Halberg Photography.

The idea is, your own website with your namesake should pop up first... well, sadly, my former blog, which was hijacked several months ago by someone who is posting other people's pictures up, now comes up first when you search for my name. Weird, you'd think a search for Tim Halberg would get timhalberg.com to show up as the first result... scary. I just wish I could contact the guy and find a way to get that url back.

6 comments:

  1. just thought i would let you know... that when i google you - you come up first. the first two links are yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. weird... I get "photo a day" popping up first... then a few different links to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup me too. When I type in your name on google the first two are you and then the thrid is the darkside of the force.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats why i had the felling the photos on the blog don't match with your work. today i find your own comment in the other blog (the darkside...) that explains it all. Don't worry we all can see the diference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tagus River, Lisbon, Portugal. Mean anything to you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. broy...when I google you, timhalberg.com comes up first

    ReplyDelete