Monday, March 12, 2007

Santa Barbara Hiking

I am blessed to not only live in Santa Barbara, but also to be able to get out into the mountains and hike on a regular basis. (even more so now that I decided that in order to look like one of my my wedding photographer buddy's I need to be hiking every day to lose weight.) I've decided that as a wedding photographer it is important to be physically fit.

So, with this in mind, I've been hitting the mountains/hills of Santa Barbara for the past week pushing myself hard. I've made it my goal to hike up to the top of Cold Springs Falls/Tangerine Falls in the Santa Barbara Front Country several times a week. I hiked this three times last week, and made it up today.

I encountered one snake today (a TINY little thing, just a bit bigger than a pencil in diameter, and maybe 8-10 inches long) and saw what I just assumed were dog tracks. (but, I was reading on a hiking forum today about a recent mountain lion siting on the same trail, so when I hike this trail tomorrow I'll have to look a little more closely to see if maybe these were cougar tracks)



I hiked sans a t-shirt on the suggestion from my wife that I was getting to be a bit pale in color... YIKES!!

4 comments:

  1. Right on! I went running yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude... I'm impressed, have you been working out much?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, those snakes are SCARY! We had one of those in our house in Oceanside, and I screamed like crazy!!! FREAKY FREAKY! That poor thing lived in a Tupperware for like 2 weeks until I finally released him like twenty miles from my house!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo! Keep going! I need the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete